Tuesday, June 3, 2014

A song For Mama

A song for MaMa

•As your fingers stroke the keys attached to this box of sound, I smile./
My heart skips a beat yet manages to remain in sync as if my life is this songs metronome./
•I sing. You play as if sound is your native tongue./
Remembering days where this box acted as a shelter in which we sat under./
•I sing. Simply because that is all I know. You gracefully trace those keys to create a melody beat described as love./
•I sing. Simply because you taught me to./ 
We sing,simply because you allowed this city to./
•You play. As if god's hands lived through and notes were his way of communicating back and forth with you./
•I live. Fueled by thoughts of allowing that conversation to live on./
I live. Simply because your work is still undone and we have more lives to reach./
•We play. As if each song is our last. Creating a path which travels far beyond our time on life's stage./
•We play as a form a refuge. We play as a cure for pain. We play in an attempt to create sunshine and a rainbow after the rain./
•We play simply because that's all we know./
And I sing for you mama. I sing because we have always communicated better over melodies and notes./
•We sing,YOU play. We live and We Love!/

2 comments: