Friday, November 29, 2013

BARTENDER

•bartender, can you please pour me a shot of reality./
I ask casually because obviously this is right where I aught to be./
•amongst, tainted hopes.torn between haikus and soliloquies that rarely even make sense./
•now I confess that I'm spent mentally so my conscious  often reads back insufficient funds./I mean that genie in a bottle would sit right right now,but in terms of right now,my right palm simply holds an IOU coupon which is reserved for me to pay attention./
•so bartender, can you please pour me a shot of reality./no worries I'll chase it with hopes in hopes that an overdose is close enough to the dose needed upon hitting the door./
•see most folks live beyond means meaning that as hard as it seems they still seem to design a scheme stitched by the seems to failure./
•bartender, can you please pour me a shot if reality?/I can,open a tab to keep tabs on a past thought to be well past that flask harnessed to my future./
• truth is, pouring my pride in a cup garnished with an ice cube once used as a love vessel makes my troubles easier to swallow./
•so bartender, please pour me a double shot of reality./because this eve-Ning, I was approached by someone brandishing a dollar and a dream seeking change./
•so I gave it to him./ 33 dimes and 12 nickels,which is common,for sense that is./

1 comment: