Saturday, December 7, 2013

MASCARADE

•A  penny for your thoughts. A nickel for a kiss. A dime if you tell me that you love me./
•Here's a ring if you tell me that you love me. My last name and an appropriate change,if you tell me that you love me./
•But where's the guarantee in this?/ there's no instruction manual or a leap free of risk for those who happen to fall deep in it./
•fuck it, guess I'll aim for the bushes./ I'll aim hoping I'm on target despite it being far fetched I go for it./
•loving the feeling that I get from these feelings caught open handedly like a receiver wide open./
•hopeless, romantic hoping this opens this side of Pandora's box that we all long for./
•but if not, Oh lord,father forgive me for I am about to curse this motherfucker out four ways from Sunday for the time spent./
•see there's where the questions come like, what if she stops returning my calls?/ what if she happens to become interested in another and for that other is who she wishes to fall,/
•what if I stop making her feel that way that she felt when we think back to that day that we first met and seeks that at best in another?/
•Then she becomes that heartless motherfucker simply because it's a lot easier to point the finger./
•but I'm like, lookah here nigga./ what if she stopped returning those calls because she grew tired of being the one to call first?/ what if she decided to seek that attention you willingly gave another./
•what if those things you did to finally get her are the things you didn't do to
keep her because you grew comfortable./
bruuuuuhhhhh?! Who's fucking side are you on here anyway?/ that's me in conversation with my mindstate./

No comments:

Post a Comment